If you want to be successful at setting each day up for success, one of the biggest hurdles you’ll need to overcome is cultivating a consistent, healthy morning routine.
I know that may seem like a tall order, but the incredible benefits you will get from a grateful, intentional routine are endless, and I promise that it’s way easier than you think!
The truth is, healthy, successful people not only think differently than everyone else but they ACT differently!
My list of top 5 actions to take in the morning to set yourself up for a healthy, successful day:
1. Hydrate. Drink 12-16 ounces of water before your feet hit the floor. Keep a bottle of water on your bedside table!
2. Bounce. Using a rebounder, mini-trampoline, or just your good old bed, lightly bounce up and down for 5-10 minutes in order to “massage” your lymphatic system and help it clean out old lymph more efficiently. It will also wake you up gently and help clear your mind.
3. Breathe. Standing, sitting, or laying, take 5 or more breaths with a 10 second inhale, a 30-40 second hold, and a 20 second exhale. Make sure you feel your belly rise with each inhale and deflate with each exhale. Pay close attention and count the seconds for every breath. This will allow you to highly oxygenate your cells, improve blood flow and mental clarity.
4. Incant with intention. Pick a phrase that makes you feel strong and set specific intentions for yourself each day. Whether you want to be more productive, more loving, more tolerant, more forgiving, more focused on your nutrition, or anything else, set the intention and then repeat your power phrase 5 or more times. A couple examples of ones I like to use are “All I need is within me now” or “Now I am the voice!” Writing them down also helps anchor in your intentions.
5. Gratitude. Always set aside 5 minutes or more each morning to sit quietly, breathe deeply, and get grateful for all of the things in your life that are a blessing. An attitude of gratitude is something that is stronger than any other state of mind and will last all day.
And of course eat a healthy breakfast that has all macronutrients, carbohydrates, protein, and fat. Aim for 350-400 calories to fuel you through your busy morning!
Leave a comment below letting me know what your favorite morning routine activities are!